Microsoft mandates the use or creation of a Microsoft account when creating a Windows 10 profile for the first time. You can use a local account if you do not want the computer to be linked to your Microsoft account.
In Windows 10, there are two ways to get started with a local account. You can either convert your current profile to a local account or create a new local profile.
Also Read: How To Download YouTube Videos
Convert your current profile to a local account.
This procedure will convert your existing Microsoft account profile into a local Windows 10 profile.
- Navigate to Accounts > Your information in the Settings menu. This will display account settings for your existing Windows 10 profile.
- Instead, click Sign in with a local account. Your Microsoft account password will be asked to be confirmed. To create a local account, simply follow the directions.
Make a Unique Local Profile
Using this method, create a local profile separate from your current profile.
- Navigate to Accounts > Family & other users in the Settings menu. This will bring up a menu with options for creating new profiles.
- Click Add another user to this PC. A wizard will popup to assist you in creating your account.
- At the bottom of the window, select I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- Select Add a user who does not have a Microsoft account. This will bring up the form for creating a local profile account.
- Give the local profile a username and password. To finish the account creation, click next and follow the prompts.